Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Moroni 10:32-33

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.


- Moroni 10:32-33

This was my MTC companion’s favorite scripture and so I heard him refer to this scripture a lot. As I have read it over and over again since leaving the MTC, I find that it gives me a very powerful spiritual focus in my life. How can I ever expect to be perfect? I am so imperfect with all my weaknesses and shortcomings. But we learn from Moroni that if we simply approach Christ by doing those things he talks about in the scripture, then we will receive forgiveness and we will be without spot! And if we are without spot, then we will return to our Father in heaven again and always have joy.